|Published:||Feb 02, 2011 4:37 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 02, 2011 1:38 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.-A burglar was caught on tape breaking into a pawn shop in North Fort Myers. He caused thousands of dollars in damage to steal an empty safe and a BB gun. The suspect broke into KC Pawn Shop through the front door of the store.
"He kicked it over and over again," said Brandy Retherford, a co-owner of KC Pawn Shop.
The suspect kept kicking the front door until he was finally able to break- in. After he got inside the store, he jumped over the counter to grab a safe. Before leaving, he shattered the glass countertop to steal a weapon.
"He thought it was a handgun but it was a little air gun," she said.
Retherford says the BB gun is worth $45 and the safe costs about $500.
"I think he thought there was something in there. He thought more of value," explained Retherford.
Today, Retherford and her husband boarded up the front door of their store, and spent the day cleaning. They tell WINK News they plan to do $2,000 worth of upgrades to make their business more secure.
Anyone with information on this crime is asked to call the Lee County Sheriff's Office.
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh, no one hurt
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered