|Published:||Feb 02, 2011 8:06 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 02, 2011 5:06 PM EST|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A north Florida woman has been sentenced to 50 years in prison for shaking her baby to death after the boy's crying interrupted her game on Facebook.
A Duval County judge sentenced 22-year-old Alexandra Tobias on Tuesday. She pleaded guilty in October to second-degree murder.
Tobias previously told investigators that she was angered because the boy was crying while she was playing the game FarmVille.
She said she shook the boy, smoked a cigarette to compose herself and then shook him again.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers