|Published:||Feb 02, 2011 12:22 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 01, 2011 9:22 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Country music star Mindy McCready listened via telephone during a dependency hearing in a Lee County court today.
She is fighting for full custody of her son. The battle has been three years long, and the judge says there isn't much progress being made.
McCready was tested positive for several substances, including hydrocodone. She has been in and out of rehab, and only sees her child about twice a year.
The child's father, Billy McKnight, was in the courtroom today fighting his own custody battle. He has missed four drug screenings, but says he was at a funeral for atleast one of them.
The judge said the child will stay with McCready's mother until the two clean up their acts. If they don't, the child will not be reunited with his mother or father.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings