|Published:||Feb 02, 2011 6:29 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 02, 2011 3:30 PM EST|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Gov. Rick Scott is donating $200,000 raised during his inauguration events to the Wounded Warriors Project.
Scott said during a ceremony Wednesday at the governor's mansion that he visited the group's Jacksonville headquarters while campaigning and was impressed with the work it does to help wounded veterans.
Scott said, "You could just see that lives were changed through Wounded Warriors." Scott, a Navy veteran, also said that his administration will put a strong focus on military issues.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Postal Service letter carriers collect toys this Saturday