|Published:||Feb 02, 2011 12:23 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 01, 2011 9:23 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, FL - With flights being cancelled across the country the arrival and departure boards at Southwest Florida International airport told a menacing story for hundreds of travellers.
Many would be facing at least one more night in sunny Florida. Airports from Dallas, Texas to Columbus, Ohio closed as the storm blew through.
Others closed before the storm hit.
Airlines stress you have to call or use the internet to find out the latest information.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified