|Published:||Feb 01, 2011 8:28 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 01, 2011 5:28 PM EST|
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - A Gulf Coast-area teenager is in jail accused of hiring someone to beat up his pregnant girlfriend in order to make her miscarry.
Authorities say 18-year-old Devin R. Nickels was arrested Monday by the Florida State University Police Department in Tallahassee.
He is charged with solicitation to commit aggravated battery.
Authorities say he hired 19-year-old Andres Luis Marrero to kidnap his 17-year-old pregnant girlfriend. Authorities say Nickels and the girl were at an apartment complex and Marrero came over pretending to be an armed robber. He allegedly forced them into the woods and kicked her in the stomach. She was treated and the fetus appears to be uninjured.
Marrero faces charges of armed kidnapping and aggravated battery on a pregnant female.
It wasn't immediately known if they had attorneys.
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- BREAKING: Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- Sebelius visits Miami to talk about health care
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays