|Published:||Feb 01, 2011 1:08 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 31, 2011 10:08 PM EST|
CLEVELAND- Charlotte County Sheriff’s detectives arrested Peter Charles Falkenstern, 47, 7077 Riverside Dr., of the Cleveland community east of Punta Gorda, on a fraudulent insurance claim for $100,000 on a reported stolen dump truck from 4450 Duncan Rd. The truck was owned by Thomas Louis Fappiano and his partners Peter and Jannis Falkenstern. The theft occurred at Jan’s Outside Storage owned by the Falkensterns.
On Apr. 21, 2010, the 2007 Freightliner dump truck was reported stolen by Fappiano to CCSO. The theft occurred before it was scheduled for repossession. On Oct. 22, detectives received a tip about the stolen dump truck being located at 4451 Duncan Rd. CCSO Aviation attempted to locate the dump truck but instead found an illegal dump site of 200 tires. Consent was given by the property owner to search and about 20 yards from the dump site on another property; detectives located a white chassis cab and a black dump bed by itself nearby. A search warrant was obtained and confirmed the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) matched the stolen dump truck. The vehicle was towed to the CCSO impound yard.(Still in the impound lot).
Detectives met with the property owner where the tires were located and asked if he knew anything about the dump truck located across from his lot. The owner identified Falkenstern in a photo lineup. He said he saw Falkensern going back and forth from the dump truck site on several occasions driving a front end loader from the dump truck site to his wife’s storage area with the wheels and tires from the dump truck in the bucket of the loader.
This morning (Monday) at 9:45 a.m. detectives arrested Falkenstern and transported him to the Charlotte County Jail. He is charged with Attempted Grand Theft, and False and Fraudulent Insurance Claims. Falkenstern posted a $15,000 bond and was released.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme