|Published:||Feb 01, 2011 5:24 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 01, 2011 2:24 PM EST|
RIDGE HARBOR- Charlotte County Sheriff’s detectives are investigating the theft of 1,407 feet of copper wire from five county street light poles in the Ridge Harbor community area of 3251 Duncan Rd. (U.S. 17) east of Punta Gorda. Charlotte County Public Works notified CCSO Monday at 8:05 a.m. that someone opened and pulled wires from the poles. Last September, CCSO investigated theft of 12,000 feet of copper wire pulled from street light poles in the same area between North and South Washington Loop roads.
Detectives reported that all of the poles tampered with were on the north side of the highway by the private boat ramp of the Ridge Harbor Owners Association between the second and third Shell Creek Bridges. Crime Scene was called to collect evidence and the investigation continues.
If you have information about this case, please call the CCSO at 941-639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns