|Published:||Feb 01, 2011 1:01 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 31, 2011 9:51 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES- A horse is dead.The owner is blaming her neighbors.
Wendy Smith says her 20 year old horse "Apache" often wanders between her neighbor's yards.
She says she had to put "Apache" down however, after a neighbor found him lying on the ground, shot.
She believes it was her neighbors who are often shooting targets on their property.
Her neighbors deny having anything to do with "Apache's" death.
Horse owner Wendy Smith says, " , he was actually a little painted horse, and he was my son's horse."
Ranch manager Tony Roche says,
"There's a big mound of dirt back there, I take you back to the fun range, there's no way a stray bullet hit that horse."
The ranch owner tells us the horse was so skinny, he was probably shot out of pity.
Smith denies not feeding her horses and says she worries about the safety of her community.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Man bitten by shark in foot in Cocoa Beach