|Published:||Jan 31, 2011 1:23 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 30, 2011 10:16 PM EST|
NAPLES, Fla.-Friends and family of Dylan Nuno,16, remember him at an emotional funeral service in East Naples.
"Dylan was a beautiful kid and everybody loved him," said Tony Pinero, Nuno's cousin.
Those who loved Nuno came in droves, paying him one last goodbye.
"He was a real great kid. He never got in trouble, really funny, always liked to go out and do stuff. He never had a negative attitude," Pinero said.
As family members, close friends, and teachers waited to enter the open casket service, a montage of pictures with music played on a flat screen in the lobby of the funeral home.
"I'm going to miss his smile," explained Pinero.
Pinero and Nuno favorite thing to do together was street racing on official tracks.
"Me and him had big plans for that. We were going to make a team.. maybe go to Miami."
Plans they'll never been able to go through with now because on what happened at this bus-stop earlier this week.
Witnesses tell deputies Nuno and Jorge Saavedra,14, were arguing on the school bus, when the fight spilled outside, and it's where investigations say Nuno was killed.But as the healing process begins, friends and family are finding ways to cope with Nuno's death.
Some are expressing their feelings by making posters. Others by wearing t-shirts with his picture and writing messages on their vehicles.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras