|Published:||Jan 31, 2011 10:44 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 31, 2011 7:45 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL- In the early morning hours of Sunday January 30th, Cape Coral Police Officers responded to a suspicious person complaint in the 300 Block of SE 21st Place.
At 2:20am, two brothers were out for a bike ride when they stopped at a park to take a short break. The men heard a car alarm going off and saw a male, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and distinctive white and blue basketball shorts, running from that very car. The men noticed that the male was also carrying a blue in color soft-sided cooler.
The brothers called CCPD and within minutes, officers arrived in the neighborhood. Officer Hugh Esterle located a male on the next block matching the description of the suspicious person. Upon being detained and questioned, the subject (identified as Clayton Bourcier 01-15-93 of 514 SE 7th Street Cape Coral) admitted that he was out committing vehicle burglaries. The brothers were escorted by police to Bourcier’s location and positively identified him as the man they saw running from the car.
A search of the blue soft-sided cooler Bourcier had in his possession revealed a satellite radio with an antenna and car charger, a digital camera and $26 cash. Bourcier admitted to attempting to break into 4 or 5 cars but was able to successfully get into 3 because they were unlocked.
Cape Coral Police Detectives interviewed Bourcier and additional charges are pending.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting