|Published:||Jan 30, 2011 1:15 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 29, 2011 9:52 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A mother and daughter were taken to the hospital after their car crashed into a home in southeast Cape Coral on Saturday afternoon.
No one was inside home on SE 17th Street at the time of the crash around 5pm Saturday. Crews were called in to cut off the electricity to the home before the two people were removed from the car.
Cape Coral firefighters used the jaws of life to remove a little girl and her mother from the car. Both were transported to Lee Memorial Hospital, one as a trauma alert.
Firefighters say they are still trying to figure out what went wrong; it seems the car completely blew the stop sign and drove straight into the home.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash