|Published:||Jan 30, 2011 7:33 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 30, 2011 4:33 PM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities arrested more than 300 revelers at the annual Gasparilla pirate parade in Tampa.
The Tampa Police Department said on Sunday it had arrested 349 people, the vast majority for alcohol violations. Last year's arrest tally stood at 415.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office took in an additional 10 people for disorderly conduct or for having an open container of alcohol.
The Mardi Gras-type festival attracts around 350,000 people every year. Saturday's parade began with a memorial motorcade for slain St. Petersburg officers Thomas Baitinger and Jeffrey Yaslowitz, who were killed trying to arrest a fugitive.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school