|Published:||Jan 30, 2011 1:14 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 29, 2011 10:00 PM EST|
ESTERO, Fla. - Florida Gulf Coast University students are mourning the death of a classmate, killed in a car accident.
Carisa Herald, 20, died in a car accident outside her hometown of Tampa. She was a junior at FCGU.
Herald was a member of the Zeta Tau Alpha sorority on campus, and was studying Criminal Justice.
Friends say she was on her way home for this weekend's Gasparilla parade. They tell wink News she was a leader in FGCU's growing greek life.
"Carisa was a really outgoing, sociable, really happy and lively type of person. She was always talking to everyone and always friendly to everyone and anyone," said classmate Victoria Sennaeaum. "Knowing someone who was such a great person, and for her to be lost, it's a big wake up for all of us.
Friends will hold a candlelight vigil in Carisa's memory, on FGCU's library lawn at 7:30 Sunday night.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk