|Published:||Jan 30, 2011 1:14 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 29, 2011 10:00 PM EST|
ESTERO, Fla. - Florida Gulf Coast University students are mourning the death of a classmate, killed in a car accident.
Carisa Herald, 20, died in a car accident outside her hometown of Tampa. She was a junior at FCGU.
Herald was a member of the Zeta Tau Alpha sorority on campus, and was studying Criminal Justice.
Friends say she was on her way home for this weekend's Gasparilla parade. They tell wink News she was a leader in FGCU's growing greek life.
"Carisa was a really outgoing, sociable, really happy and lively type of person. She was always talking to everyone and always friendly to everyone and anyone," said classmate Victoria Sennaeaum. "Knowing someone who was such a great person, and for her to be lost, it's a big wake up for all of us.
Friends will hold a candlelight vigil in Carisa's memory, on FGCU's library lawn at 7:30 Sunday night.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school