|Published:||Jan 30, 2011 3:12 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 30, 2011 12:12 AM EST|
SARASOTA, Fla. - Florida Highway Patrol is warning drivers of potentially limited visibility on I-75 in Sarasota County.
The area is between mile marker 182 (Sumter Blvd.) and mile marker 191 (River Rd.) in Sarasota County, due to a combination of smoke and fog in the area. FHP says drivers should exercise caution if traveling through the area.
Similar visibility concerns led troopers to close the interstate for several hours on Saturday morning. Visibility concerns also led to the temporary closure of the interstate near the Caloosahatchee River in Lee County on Saturday morning as well.
Troopers say similar conditions may occur late Sunday night and into Monday morning, adversely affecting the morning commute. Drivers are advised to expect delays and possible road closures resulting in detours.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft