|Published:||Jan 28, 2011 8:59 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 28, 2011 5:59 PM EST|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla - The clock is ticking to lock in today’s tuition prices for your future college student. At midnight Monday open enrollment in the Florida Prepaid College program ends.
Prepaid employees are expecting a surge in last minute investors even though the cost of some of the prepaid plans has skyrocket to almost 43-thousand dollars.
Susan James, a spokeswoman with Florida Prepaid, says the bigger price tag means bigger savings. “They do rise every year, so the earlier you lock in for your child the more benefit of time you have to really have the value in your plan.”
To enroll or to request an enrollment kit, visit www.myfloridaprepaid.com. The office will also be open Monday for people to call. That number is 800-552-GRAD(4723).
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone