|Published:||Jan 28, 2011 10:26 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 28, 2011 7:22 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY - Robert G. Alter was arrested Friday and charged with sexually abusing six more children.
The new charges are felonies and range from lewd and lascivious molestation on a victim under the age of 12 to sexual battery.
The incidents occurred from May 2010 to January 2011, according to detectives.
The victims are girls ages 7 to 11, detectives said.
Four of the victims were students at Pinecrest Elementary School and one of the victims attended Highlands Elementary School, both in Immokalee. The abuse occurred while Alter was working as a volunteer at the schools.
Detectives said the abuse occurred in the hallway at Highlands Elementary and in the library media center at Pinecrest Elementary.
Detectives said the other victim was a child Alter knew and that the abuse occurred at his residence in the Waterways community in Golden Gate Estates.
Alter was arrested late Friday afternoon at the Collier County jail, where he has been held since his Jan. 20 arrest on separate molestation charges involving a student at Highlands Elementary.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays