|Published:||Jan 27, 2011 8:02 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 27, 2011 5:02 PM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - A 74-year-old woman used a pair of giant scissors to fight off a would-be robber.
Police say the incident happened last week. They are warning others of the suspect, who posed as a delivery man to get inside the woman's house.
The woman told police the man asked to use her phone to verify the order. Once inside, he produced an electrical device and repeatedly shocked her. The suspect ripped a gold chain off the woman's neck and knocked her down twice. Her dachshund came to her aid, but the suspect shocked the dog too.
The suspect even shoved the phone underneath the woman's bedridden husband to keep her from calling for help.
Somehow, the woman was able to grab a large pair of scissors and scare the man away.
--- Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Suspect shoots at Cape Coral residence
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.