|Published:||Jan 26, 2011 7:18 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 26, 2011 4:18 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla - A violent fugitive dodging sentencing for an involuntary manslaughter charge out of North Carolina was taken into custody last night, after an anonymous Crime Stoppers tip pegged him in Lehigh Acres.
The tip initiated in North Carolina, and was funneled through Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers, on the whereabouts of Shawn "Shane" Johnson. Johnson was wanted in Fayetteville, N.C. for failure to appear for his sentencing on charges of involuntary manslaughter.
Last week, additional felony warrants for his arrest were also issued in Fayetteville for two counts each of armed burglary, grand theft, burglary and possession of stolen goods. Tip information led members of the US Marshals Florida Regional Fugitive Task Force and the Lee County Sheriff's Office Fugitive Warrants Unit to a home at 130 Pine Lane, Lehigh Acres, where he had been hiding out.
He was booked into the Lee County Jail last evening, where he will remain without bond until he is extradited back to Fayetteville, North Carolina. There, he will face his sentencing on the manslaughter charge, as well as his other list of felony warrants.
Johnson has a previous history of violence here in Southwest Florida, with an arrest in March 2009 in Collier County for home invasion robbery, as well as some additional misdemeanor charges.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer