|Published:||Jan 26, 2011 7:18 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 26, 2011 4:18 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla - A violent fugitive dodging sentencing for an involuntary manslaughter charge out of North Carolina was taken into custody last night, after an anonymous Crime Stoppers tip pegged him in Lehigh Acres.
The tip initiated in North Carolina, and was funneled through Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers, on the whereabouts of Shawn "Shane" Johnson. Johnson was wanted in Fayetteville, N.C. for failure to appear for his sentencing on charges of involuntary manslaughter.
Last week, additional felony warrants for his arrest were also issued in Fayetteville for two counts each of armed burglary, grand theft, burglary and possession of stolen goods. Tip information led members of the US Marshals Florida Regional Fugitive Task Force and the Lee County Sheriff's Office Fugitive Warrants Unit to a home at 130 Pine Lane, Lehigh Acres, where he had been hiding out.
He was booked into the Lee County Jail last evening, where he will remain without bond until he is extradited back to Fayetteville, North Carolina. There, he will face his sentencing on the manslaughter charge, as well as his other list of felony warrants.
Johnson has a previous history of violence here in Southwest Florida, with an arrest in March 2009 in Collier County for home invasion robbery, as well as some additional misdemeanor charges.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore