|Published:||Jan 26, 2011 7:43 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 26, 2011 4:43 PM EST|
WASHINGTON (AP) - Buyers purchased the fewest new homes last year on records going back 47 years.
The Commerce Department says 2010 sales totaled 321,000, down 14 percent from 2009.
It was the fifth consecutive year that sales have declined after hitting record highs for the five previous years when the housing market was booming.
The year ended on a stronger note. Buyers purchased new homes at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 329,000 units in December, up nearly 18 percent from November.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County