|Published:||Jan 24, 2011 1:18 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 23, 2011 10:18 PM EST|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. - An attempted traffic stop leads to the arrest of one of Lee County's Most Wanted.
Litray Bell was wanted on drug charges and fleeing police. He now faces additional drug counts, as well charges of resisting arrest and battery on a police k-9 from an incident Saturday night.
Florida Highway Patrol says a trooper tried to stop Bell's vehicle for speeding on I-75, but the car kept going.
FHP says the driver exited at Bonita Beach Road, and later crashed into an apartment gate on Dovewood Court.
Two people took off into the woods. Bell was later caught and arrested with the assistance of the Lee County Sheriff's Office. The second person was not found.
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba