|Published:||Jan 24, 2011 1:18 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 23, 2011 10:18 PM EST|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. - An attempted traffic stop leads to the arrest of one of Lee County's Most Wanted.
Litray Bell was wanted on drug charges and fleeing police. He now faces additional drug counts, as well charges of resisting arrest and battery on a police k-9 from an incident Saturday night.
Florida Highway Patrol says a trooper tried to stop Bell's vehicle for speeding on I-75, but the car kept going.
FHP says the driver exited at Bonita Beach Road, and later crashed into an apartment gate on Dovewood Court.
Two people took off into the woods. Bell was later caught and arrested with the assistance of the Lee County Sheriff's Office. The second person was not found.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti