|Published:||Jan 23, 2011 7:42 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 23, 2011 4:42 PM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in Hillsborough County say a Tampa man has died after being shot by deputies responding to an emergency call made by the man's wife.
Osmar Sebasco's wife contacted emergency medical services Saturday at 11:25 p.m. Officials say Sebasco got on the phone and began making threats. He was reportedly holding his wife at gunpoint.
Deputies responded to the home and attempted to make contact with the suspect. That's when investigators say Sebasco exited the second-floor apartment behind his wife and fired at them.
The deputies returned fire, striking Sebasco. He was taken to a nearby hospital and died Sunday.
Neither the deputies nor the man's wife were injured.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge