|Published:||Jan 21, 2011 10:29 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 21, 2011 7:41 PM EST|
PORT CHARLOTTE- Charlotte County Sheriff's Narcotics detectives, assisted by SWAT, K9 and Traffic units, raided a Port Charlotte home this morning at 14427 Pittenger Ave., two people were arrested. The raid took place around 7 a.m. Friday when a search warrant was served after a long ongoing Narcotics Unit investigation.
Once the home was cleared, detectives located total of $7,050 in cash, a rifle, shotgun, semi-automatic pistol, .25 caliber and 12 gauge shotgun shells, and various drug paraphernalia. In the garage area detectives found two slot machines; inside was a pill bottle with 2.1 grams Cocaine, another bottle with Cocaine residue. A safe was found with 100 Oxycodone, 44 Methadone, and 104 Morphine pills.
Arrested were Dana Andrew Mitch, 48, and David Michael Mauk, 30, both convicted felons. They were transported to the Charlotte County Jail. Both were charged with Trafficking in Oxycodone, Methadone, and Morphine; Possession of a Firearm and Ammunition by Convicted Felons, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Mitch was additionally charged with Possession of Methadone, and Possession of Controlled Substance Fentanyl. The investigation continues.
If you have information about illegal drug activity, please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean