|Published:||Jan 21, 2011 5:12 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 21, 2011 2:13 PM EST|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida began 2010 with a 12 percent seasonally adjusted unemployment rate in January and the state ended the year the same way in December.
State labor officials Friday said December's rate also was unchanged from the 12 percent recorded in November. That continues to leave Florida with about 1.1 million unemployed workers.
It's also 2.6 percentage points above the national figure for December.
The state's unemployment rate hovered at or near 12 percent throughout the past year and set a modern record of 12.3 percent in March.
Its lowest mark last year was 11.4 percent in June.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk