|Published:||Jan 21, 2011 9:01 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 21, 2011 2:02 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY- On Thursday, January 20, at approximately 11:55 P.M., deputies with the Lee County Sheriff's Office responded to the Gulf Coast Coin & Jewelry store, located at 25987 S. Tamiami Trail, in reference to an attempted burglary.
When deputies arrived on scene they were able to determine the suspects tried unsuccessfully to break into the building. A perimeter was established and members of the Lee County Sheriff's Office K-9 Unit responded to assist in the investigation.
No suspects were located during the search, but surveillance video recovered from the scene show three men in the rear of the building attempting to gain entry into the business (See attached photos).
The men were believed to have been traveling in a silver Ford F-150 extended cab truck, with aftermarket grill and rims.
Detectives with the Lee County Sheriff's Office Delta (South) District Criminal Investigations Division have assumed the investigation.
Anyone who has any information on this or any other crime is asked to call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at (239) 477-1000, or to remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward up to $1,000 dollars, Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1- 800-780-TIPS (8477). Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers
- Man gets life for fatally shooting ex-girlfriend
- Ukraine throws wrench into Obama vacation plan