|Published:||Jan 21, 2011 10:00 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 21, 2011 7:02 PM EST|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say five teenagers in north Florida are accused of stealing and sniffing the cremated remains of a man and two dogs.
Marion County Sheriff's spokeswoman Jenifer Lowe said Friday that the teens broke into a house and stole the remains and some electronics in December. They were arrested on Tuesday.
Lowe said the teens told authorities they had thought the ashes might be drugs and once they realized they weren't, they threw them in a lake. Authorities recovered two wooden boxes with ashes from the lake, while the third vessel was also recovered at another location.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed