|Published:||Jan 20, 2011 3:32 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 20, 2011 12:34 PM EST|
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (AP) - A Winter Haven police officer is accused of pilfering a "marijuana bud" following the department's seizure of marijuana plants from a home.
Authorities say 36-year-old Ricardo Flores was just ending his shift about 7 p.m. Wednesday as detectives were unloading marijuana plants from a truck. As the evidence was being processed, an officer saw Flores take a marijuana bud from a plant and conceal it.
When the officer reported what he saw, Flores was called back to the department. Officers recovered the stolen marijuana and Flores was charged with burglary of a conveyance, petit theft and possession of marijuana.
Flores was suspended pending an internal investigation. Winter Haven Police Chief Gary Hester commended the officer who reported the incident, saying "no one is above the law."
--- Information from: The Ledger, http://www.theledger.com
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach