|Published:||Jan 20, 2011 3:32 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 20, 2011 12:34 PM EST|
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (AP) - A Winter Haven police officer is accused of pilfering a "marijuana bud" following the department's seizure of marijuana plants from a home.
Authorities say 36-year-old Ricardo Flores was just ending his shift about 7 p.m. Wednesday as detectives were unloading marijuana plants from a truck. As the evidence was being processed, an officer saw Flores take a marijuana bud from a plant and conceal it.
When the officer reported what he saw, Flores was called back to the department. Officers recovered the stolen marijuana and Flores was charged with burglary of a conveyance, petit theft and possession of marijuana.
Flores was suspended pending an internal investigation. Winter Haven Police Chief Gary Hester commended the officer who reported the incident, saying "no one is above the law."
--- Information from: The Ledger, http://www.theledger.com
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest