|Published:||Jan 19, 2011 9:58 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 19, 2011 6:59 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- A 21 year-old man is on trial for punching a woman during a haunted house event at Florida Gulf Coast University.
Prosecutors say Jerome Joseph ended up decking Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott's daughter.
Lindsay Scott was working as an actor for the haunted walk. She was dressed as a zombie scaring event goers.
But witnesses say Joseph told his friends, "What happens if I hit someone in there?"
Scott says he punched her in the face, leaving her with a bruise and mild concussion.
Joseph is charged with battery. The jury has not given a verdict yet.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school