|Published:||Jan 19, 2011 5:46 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 19, 2011 2:46 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL- A kitchen fire that caused $25,000 damage to a home yesterday afternoon remains under investigation by the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
At 1:03 p.m. yesterday, Cape Fire crews responded to a 911 call reporting smoke coming from the front door of a home at 304 Aviation Parkway. The fire was extinguished quickly, and no one was inside at the time of the fire. No injuries reported. The origin of the fire was determined to be the kitchen area.
The City’s building inspector red-tagged the residence, and LCEC responded and pulled the electric meter. The State Fire Marshal’s Office is continuing the investigation.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman