|Published:||Jan 18, 2011 5:48 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 18, 2011 12:45 PM EST|
FORT MYERS- WINK crews are at the scene of the Wachovia Bank on 7128 Estero Blvd in Fort Myers Beach where a package was left behind after the bank was robbed this morning.
The Sheriff's Office tells WINK News that a man walked into the bank and told the teller he had a bomb. He left by foot with an undisclosed amount of money.
No one was injured during the robbery.
The Sheriff's Office is looking for the suspect. He is described as a man in his 60's, about 6 feet tall, blue eyes, wearing a tan jacket and dark pants.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office Bomb Squad x-rayed the package where they learned it was not a bomb. They are not yet releasing what the package is.
The Sheriff's Office and the FBI are still on scene and the bank is still closed.
Neighbors tell WINK News that the Sheriff''s Office has contacted and told them to lock their doors and to report any suspicious activity.
We will bring you the latest details as they become available.
Trust WINK News to bring you the latest details on this breaking news.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers