|Published:||Jan 18, 2011 8:59 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 18, 2011 4:30 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla - The Lee County Commission Tuesday threw its support behind the WINK News Feeds Families Hunger Walk.
Commissioner Ray Judah read a resolution and urged Lee County citizens to strap on their shoes and help wipe out hunger in Southwest Florida.
The walk will raise money to benefit the Harry Chapin Food Bank. An organization that supplies food to dozens of agencies who help the needy in Southwest Florida.
The goal of the walk is to raise $167,000, which translates into 1 million pounds of food.
Registration for the walk begins at 8 a.m. on Saturday, with the walk beginning at 9 a.m. The walk is being held at the Miromar Outlets in Estero.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales