|Published:||Jan 18, 2011 8:59 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 18, 2011 4:30 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla - The Lee County Commission Tuesday threw its support behind the WINK News Feeds Families Hunger Walk.
Commissioner Ray Judah read a resolution and urged Lee County citizens to strap on their shoes and help wipe out hunger in Southwest Florida.
The walk will raise money to benefit the Harry Chapin Food Bank. An organization that supplies food to dozens of agencies who help the needy in Southwest Florida.
The goal of the walk is to raise $167,000, which translates into 1 million pounds of food.
Registration for the walk begins at 8 a.m. on Saturday, with the walk beginning at 9 a.m. The walk is being held at the Miromar Outlets in Estero.
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- Enhanced lightning detection on Sanibel Island