|Published:||Jan 18, 2011 12:02 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 17, 2011 9:02 PM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office arrested two Kissimmee men this morning that were wanted in connection with a shooting incident Sunday in Kissimmee at a Walmart. CCSO received a call from Kissimmee Police Department and advised of a shooting in their jurisdiction. A BOLO for a silver Toyota was issued after it was learned the car that fled the scene in Kissimmee was registered to a person at 17890 Murdock Circle, in Port Charlotte. CCSO detectives went to Murdock Apartments and confirmed the suspect vehicle was in the parking lot. The two male suspects were located and taken in for questioning; they were arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail.
CCSO identified the two as Shawn Anthony Townsend, 23, and Marlon Reshawn Allwood, 27, both of 268 Azalea Dr., Kissimmee. Both are being held on no bond for return to Osceola County. Townsend was charged with attempted murder and Allwood with being Principle to Attempted Murder.
The CCSO Probable Cause Affidavit states the argument started inside Walmart; three men followed Townsend and Allwood outside in the parking lot where Townsend brandished a handgun and fired approximately seven rounds in the direction of Walmart and the victims. Two of the rounds hit one of the men; he was transported to Osceola Regional Hospital where he has been stabilized and awaiting surgery for his wounds.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community