|Published:||Jan 17, 2011 4:41 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 17, 2011 1:41 AM EST|
NAPLES, Fla. - A group of parents say a local wrestling coach cashed their checks and left them and their kids high and dry.
The parents claim former Palmette Ridge High School wrestling coach Steve Hart offered to teach their kids the sport, give them a uniform, and a USA wrestling card - allowing them to participate in competitions throughout the country.
The problem came after the parents paid the $100 fee, and after a few lessons they claim Hart stopped teaching and left town.
"We probably won't get any any money back but i don't want to see this guy go and do this to any other families," said Fred Plocinski, one of the parents.
Now the group has filed a formal complaint against Hart with the Collier County Sheriff's Office claiming he tried to defreud the wrestling groups members.
WINK was unable to contact Hart via phone during this story.
- Deputies arrest Pop Warner football coach on drug charges
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- New South Fla. threat: invasive rock pythons
- Puppy found with broken leg, owner arrested
- Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity to visit Ft. Myers
- Burglary suspect caught on camera using stolen cards
- Cape Coral man accused of killing wife appears in court
- Teen, 15, found hanging in north Florida
- More cash real estate purchases in Fla.
- Good Samaritans return envelope with $1,500