|Published:||Jan 17, 2011 12:42 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 17, 2011 9:43 AM EST|
FORT MYERS SHORES, Fla- Investigators are the scene of an early morning fire in Fort Myers Shores. Two people were forced to flee the burning house on Ox Bow Road.
Mary Johnson says, "the smoke was so dense I didn't know where I was." Johnson's son woke her up after hearing the smoke detectors going off saying the garage was on fire. They did manage to make it out of the house OK. Johnson refused treatment but her son is at the hospital for some smoke inhalation treatment because of his pre-existing conditions.
The fire is likely to have started in the garage. It is heavily damaged by the flames. Smoke and water damage is visible throughout other parts of the house.
Fort Myers Shores firefighters arrived first on scene just after 3:00am. They got help from Bayshore, Alva and Tice Fire Departments to put the fire out.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings