|Published:||Jan 17, 2011 12:42 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 17, 2011 9:43 AM EST|
FORT MYERS SHORES, Fla- Investigators are the scene of an early morning fire in Fort Myers Shores. Two people were forced to flee the burning house on Ox Bow Road.
Mary Johnson says, "the smoke was so dense I didn't know where I was." Johnson's son woke her up after hearing the smoke detectors going off saying the garage was on fire. They did manage to make it out of the house OK. Johnson refused treatment but her son is at the hospital for some smoke inhalation treatment because of his pre-existing conditions.
The fire is likely to have started in the garage. It is heavily damaged by the flames. Smoke and water damage is visible throughout other parts of the house.
Fort Myers Shores firefighters arrived first on scene just after 3:00am. They got help from Bayshore, Alva and Tice Fire Departments to put the fire out.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo