|Published:||Jan 16, 2011 8:04 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 16, 2011 5:04 PM EST|
LAKE WORTH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in South Florida are investigating the death of an 18-year-old who was struck by a police car as she tried to run across a highway.
The Florida Highway Patrol says Samantha Jean Conlisk left her car on the right-hand shoulder of Interstate 95 about 3 a.m. on Sunday. As she started to run across the lanes, she entered the path of Lake Clark Shores officer Clifford Stuart Zipnick.
Conlisk was pronounced dead at the scene. Zipnick was not hurt, although his sedan was damaged. No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral