|Published:||Jan 16, 2011 7:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 16, 2011 4:47 PM EST|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. (Jan. 16, 2011) – Friday’s boil water notice for customers of Bonita Springs Utilities has been cancelled, and customers can use tap water for drinking and cooking.
An electrical failure Friday at the utility’s water-treatment plant caused a 10-minute interruption in water service; the drop in water pressure required the boil water notice as a precautionary measure.
Boil water notices are required whenever the water pressure drops below 20 psi and remain in effect until bacteriological tests confirm that water is safe to consume.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys