|Published:||Jan 15, 2011 9:37 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 15, 2011 6:37 PM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa jail deputy is recovering after breaking his leg while trying to break up an inmate fight.
Deputy Greg Brown, 35, tried to radio for help after two inmates began fighting Friday. Authorities said Brown tackled one of the inmates to the floor and broke his leg in the process.
The inmates were removed from the general population. Detectives are investigating to see whether to file charges against the inmates.
Brown was taken to the hospital and may need surgery.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders