|Published:||Jan 15, 2011 9:37 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 15, 2011 6:37 PM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa jail deputy is recovering after breaking his leg while trying to break up an inmate fight.
Deputy Greg Brown, 35, tried to radio for help after two inmates began fighting Friday. Authorities said Brown tackled one of the inmates to the floor and broke his leg in the process.
The inmates were removed from the general population. Detectives are investigating to see whether to file charges against the inmates.
Brown was taken to the hospital and may need surgery.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape