|Published:||Jan 15, 2011 1:03 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2011 9:34 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - After over four hours of deliberation, a jury finds James Menard guilty of murder. Menard now faces prison for the 2010 New Year's death of Naples teen Jake Couture.
A six person jury found Menard guilty of the lesser charge of manslaughter and third degree murder for the shooting of one teen and the killing of 17-year-old Couture.
Menard's family gave a very tearful goodbye to their brother and son.
The Couture family waited behind. They tell WINK News they feel like both families lost a loved one today.
Jake's sister and brother say listening to Menard on the stand during the trial was the toughest because they didn't see remorse.
Menard's sentencing is scheduled for February 11th. He could get life in prison for third degree murder.
RENEE STOLL, REPORTER
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash