|Published:||Jan 15, 2011 1:03 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2011 9:34 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - After over four hours of deliberation, a jury finds James Menard guilty of murder. Menard now faces prison for the 2010 New Year's death of Naples teen Jake Couture.
A six person jury found Menard guilty of the lesser charge of manslaughter and third degree murder for the shooting of one teen and the killing of 17-year-old Couture.
Menard's family gave a very tearful goodbye to their brother and son.
The Couture family waited behind. They tell WINK News they feel like both families lost a loved one today.
Jake's sister and brother say listening to Menard on the stand during the trial was the toughest because they didn't see remorse.
Menard's sentencing is scheduled for February 11th. He could get life in prison for third degree murder.
RENEE STOLL, REPORTER
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer