|Published:||Jan 15, 2011 12:06 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2011 9:06 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, FL- Cape Coral's phones have been ringing off the hook lately. The reason? Folks wanting smaller trash cans from waste removal company Waste Pro. At a recent council meeting Councilman Kevin McGrail inadvertently told residents to call if they would rather change their 96 gallon can for a smaller 65 gallon one. He negected to tell them to call Waste Pro not council offices.
Since Wednesday council's administrative assistant has fielded more than 200 calls on the subject. Waste Pro says if you want to change, wait until March and then call the number on the top of your can. 945-0800.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash