|Published:||Jan 14, 2011 5:39 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2011 2:40 PM EST|
FORT MYERS- Jet Blue flight 1203 headed to Southwest Florida International Airport declared an Alert 2 around 9:40 a.m. on Friday- turned out someone was smoking in the lavatory.
About 10 miles away from approaching land smoke appeared in the cabin. Crews traced the smoke and found a man smoking a cigarette in the restroom.
The plane arrived safely at 10:02 am
Port Authority police detained the person until the FBI arrived on scene. The FBI is now investigating the situation.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school