|Published:||Jan 14, 2011 1:25 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2011 10:25 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla- A Cape Coral couple escaped the flames and smoke of a fire burning in their attic overnight.
The fire was discovered just before 4:00am this morning on SW 23rd Terrace. The smoke alarms went off and the sight of fire coming from the vents told the couple to get outside.
Firefighters say it appears the fire started accidentally near the heating unit in the attic. It did about $50,000 to $60,000 damage.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend