|Published:||Jan 14, 2011 10:52 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2011 8:06 PM EST|
NAPLES- Tom Smith, a delivery driver for Balgas Naples, was severely injured by an explosion on Monday during a routine delivery to the Mangrove Café in downtown Naples. Tom has been a loyal and hardworking employee of Balgas for seven years and is well respected by his coworkers and customers.
Tom lives in Bonita Springs with his family. He is a father to three sons and three stepsons. Tom is very active in the Boy Scouts with his youngest son and has two older sons in the military. Tom himself served in the U.S. army for an extended period both in the U.S. and Germany.
Tom remains in critical condition at Tampa General Hospital - Regional Burn Center. He is currently in an induced coma and has severe burns covering most of his body.
A fund has been established to aid Tom and his family. If you would like to contribute, please mail your gifts to:
Encore National Bank c/o Tom Smith Care Fund 3003 Tamiami Trail North Suite 100 Naples, FL 34103
or Tom Smith Care Fund c/o Balgas 3506 Prospect Ave. Naples, FL 34104
You may also contribute in person at any of the following Encore National Bank locations:
Naples North 10600 Tamiami Trail, N.
Naples, FL 34108 239-591-3613
3003 Tamiami Trail Suite
100 Naples, FL 34103
7920 Summerlin Lakes Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33907
Sun City Center
1653 Sun City Center Plaza
Sun City Center, FL 33573
2120 Kings Highway
Port Charlotte, Fl 33980
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in suspicious North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft