|Published:||Jan 14, 2011 10:52 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 14, 2011 8:06 PM EST|
NAPLES- Tom Smith, a delivery driver for Balgas Naples, was severely injured by an explosion on Monday during a routine delivery to the Mangrove Café in downtown Naples. Tom has been a loyal and hardworking employee of Balgas for seven years and is well respected by his coworkers and customers.
Tom lives in Bonita Springs with his family. He is a father to three sons and three stepsons. Tom is very active in the Boy Scouts with his youngest son and has two older sons in the military. Tom himself served in the U.S. army for an extended period both in the U.S. and Germany.
Tom remains in critical condition at Tampa General Hospital - Regional Burn Center. He is currently in an induced coma and has severe burns covering most of his body.
A fund has been established to aid Tom and his family. If you would like to contribute, please mail your gifts to:
Encore National Bank c/o Tom Smith Care Fund 3003 Tamiami Trail North Suite 100 Naples, FL 34103
or Tom Smith Care Fund c/o Balgas 3506 Prospect Ave. Naples, FL 34104
You may also contribute in person at any of the following Encore National Bank locations:
Naples North 10600 Tamiami Trail, N.
Naples, FL 34108 239-591-3613
3003 Tamiami Trail Suite
100 Naples, FL 34103
7920 Summerlin Lakes Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33907
Sun City Center
1653 Sun City Center Plaza
Sun City Center, FL 33573
2120 Kings Highway
Port Charlotte, Fl 33980
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- 6-foot-long pet snake has surgery after eating a towel