|Published:||Jan 12, 2011 7:53 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 12, 2011 4:53 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY- A joint investigation by the Lee County Sheriff's Office Economic Crimes Unit and the United States Secret Service has culminated in the arrest of a Lehigh Acres man for passing phony $50 and $100 bills.
On January 11, 2011, Louis Pasquazzi, DOB 5-20-70, was arrested while hiding in the closet of his parent's home at 4005 13th Street West in Lehigh Acres. In a federal indictment, Pasquazzi is charged with seven counts of knowingly passing or attempting to pass counterfeit bills.
The charge is nothing new to Pasquazzi, who has been in and out of jail on counterfeiting charges dating back to 2006. Pasquazzi has also served three stints in Florida State Prison following convictions for Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon, Aggravated Assault with a Weapon and Grand Theft.
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- SWFL couple gives gift of Christmas to less fortunate
- WINK News gets answers for those with unemployment problems
- Lee rejects wording in animal ordinance; will revise it
- Make-A-Wish Grants boy's wish for a fish tank at his church
- Barbara B. Mann remembered at annual Holiday Carol Sing
- WINK Investigates what's at stake in Radel ethics probe
- iGeneration Charter School in Immokalee shuts down