|Published:||Jan 12, 2011 1:49 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 11, 2011 10:41 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla - Collier County commissioners issued a proclamation Tuesday in support of the Harry Chapin Food Bank and WINK News Feeds Families.
The commission declared Saturday, January 22, 2011 WINK News Feeds Families Hunger Walk day.
The hunger walk will be held at Miromar Outlets at 9 a.m. with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
The goal is to raise $167,000, which translates into 1 million dollars worth of food for needy children and their families in Southwest Florida.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store
- New anti-fraud group forms in Collier County