|Published:||Jan 12, 2011 1:49 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 11, 2011 10:41 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla - Collier County commissioners issued a proclamation Tuesday in support of the Harry Chapin Food Bank and WINK News Feeds Families.
The commission declared Saturday, January 22, 2011 WINK News Feeds Families Hunger Walk day.
The hunger walk will be held at Miromar Outlets at 9 a.m. with registration beginning at 8 a.m.
The goal is to raise $167,000, which translates into 1 million dollars worth of food for needy children and their families in Southwest Florida.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft