|Published:||Jan 12, 2011 4:43 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 11, 2011 7:15 PM EST|
SOUTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - On January 11, 2011 at approximately 2:24 p.m. the Lee County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of an attempted home invasion at the Edisto Lakes Apartments in South Fort Myers.
The investigation revealed a female victim was home alone with her two young children when she heard a noise at her front door. The victim went to investigate the noise and saw a male inside her doorway reaching for her purse. The victim confronted the male and there was an altercation. There was no weapon seen however the victim did receive scratches during the altercation. Once the altercation began, the suspect fled the area. He did not get the purse or any other property from the victim.
The suspect is described as follows:
White male in his 30s
Dirty blonde buzz cut
Blue jean shorts
Large tattoo on his right forearm, from wrist to elbow, that resembled a spider
Due to the nature of the crime a “Code Red” reverse 911 call was sent out to alert citizens. Criminal Investigation Division detectives assigned to the Lee County Sheriff's Office Charlie (West) District have assumed the investigation.
Anyone with information on the identity of the person responsible for this crime is asked to call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (239) 477-1000 or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward up to $1,000 dollars, Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida