|Published:||Jan 11, 2011 5:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 11, 2011 2:03 PM EST|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - A Florida State University student is free on bail after the accidental shooting death of a fellow student.
Authorities said Monday that 20-year-old Evan Wilhelm of Ponte Vedra Beach must submit to drug and alcohol testing and surrender his firearm. Wilhelm also faces a 7 p.m. curfew and must be supervised by his parents.
He faces manslaughter charges in the death of 20-year-old Ashley Cowie of Orange Park. Another student, 20-year-old Keith Savino of Tampa, was shot in the wrist.
Authorities said Wilhelm was showing friends the new accessories on his rifle when the shooting occurred.
The incident happened early Sunday in an off-campus apartment complex that houses many fraternity members. On Monday, Wilhelm's fraternity, Lamda Chi Alpha, announced it is suspending the FSU chapter because of the shooting.
--- Information from: The Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- SWFL couple gives gift of Christmas to less fortunate
- WINK News gets answers for those with unemployment problems
- Lee rejects wording in animal ordinance; will revise it
- Make-A-Wish Grants boy's wish for a fish tank at his church
- Barbara B. Mann remembered at annual Holiday Carol Sing
- WINK Investigates what's at stake in Radel ethics probe
- iGeneration Charter School in Immokalee shuts down