|Published:||Jan 10, 2011 6:20 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 10, 2011 3:20 PM EST|
On Monday, January 10, 2011 at 7:25 a.m. the Fort Myers Police Department responded to 2000 West First Street in reference to a deceased male lying near the pavilion in the park. Officers responded to the area and cordoned a potential crime scene.
Police interviewed witnesses and searched the park for evidence but the circumstances surrounding the man’s death remained unclear. His body was transported to the Medical Examiner’s Office for further investigation. The death has been ruled a homicide.
Police are still working to positively identify the victim. A
nyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD.
Tipsters can remain anonymous.
FORT MYERS- Investigators make a grisley discovery in downtown Fort Myers Monday morning.
They found a dead man under a pavilion in Centennial Park- right next to the Harborside Event Center.
WINK News was the only crew there as police looked for clues and tried to identify the man.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store
- New anti-fraud group forms in Collier County