|Published:||Jan 10, 2011 5:41 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 10, 2011 2:42 PM EST|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - A Florida State University student was killed and another injured in an accidental shooting in an off-campus apartment.
Authorities say 20-year-old Ashley Cowie of Orange Park was shot in the chest early Sunday when a rifle owned by 20-year-old Evan Wilhelm accidentally discharged. The bullet passed through Cowie and struck the wrist of 20-year-old Keith Savino of Tampa.
FSU Police Chief David Perry said the shooting occurred as Wilhelm was showing friends the new accessories on his rifle about 1:16 a.m.
Wilhelm, of Ponte Vedra Beach, was arrested on a manslaughter charged and booked into Leon County Jail. Wilhelm is a member of Lamda Chi Alpha fraternity. The shooting happened in Heritage Grove, an apartment complex that houses fraternity students.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Red Sox' 2014 Spring Training ticket sales set record
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law