|Published:||Jan 09, 2011 3:29 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 10, 2011 12:29 PM EST|
FORT MYERS-- Just two days after body of a Cape Coral man was found off the coast of Costa Rica, friends today joined in a special prayers service for Erik Downes.
The college student's body was found floating off the coast of Costa Rica Friday after getting caught in a rip current. Dozens showed up at Fort Myers Shores Seventh Day Adventist Church to remember Downes and his family.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral