|Published:||Jan 07, 2011 6:07 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 07, 2011 3:23 PM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY-- Charlotte County Sheriff’s Narcotics Unit detectives arrested a Riverwood community man for dealing Oxycodone and Roxicodone pills from his home and another location. Greg Walter Porter, 33, 3108 Club Drive (Riverwood Golf & Country Club), Port Charlotte, was arrested Thursday following two previous undercover buys.
Detectives said the first buy was Oct. 11 in a Walmart parking lot for 10 Oxycodone pills. The second deal was in front of Porter’s home Dec. 7. Porter and a male child were riding bicycles and stopped in their driveway where the exchange of drugs for money took place in front of the child. The purchase was for five Roxicodone pills.
Narcotics detectives arrested Porter at his home and charged him with Sale and Delivery of Roxicodone, Sale and Delivery of Oxycodone, Possession of Roxicodone, Possession of Oxycodone, one count of Possession of Narcotics Equipment, and Child Neglect. He was transported to the Charlotte County Jail where he remains today on no bond. Porter is a convicted felon.
If you have information about illegal drug activity, please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week